Skip to main content

I just got a new printer (HP 8022) I couldn't get it to connect to the G36. Everything else connects to it just fine. I decided to try another WIFI modem/router, so I bought a G34. After many hours of frustration I got it to connect thru WIFI on the G34. So I decided to reconnected the G36 and try it again. I have done basically the same things I did with the G34 and nothing. The printer shows up as a network as HP setup, but the printer its self will not see the WIFI network. I am not a expert of any kind but I have manually added the mac address for the printer, I have tried turning off the firewalls, I have changed the security modes, WPS and WIFI direct and still nothing. I have no problem with the printer when hooked up via ethernet cable? I cant figure it out. 

On the side note I no longer have the G34 So I really need this one to work.

Any advice will be useful 

Hi jh95s. I don't have an answer for you but I have the same exact problem with my Canon MG3620 Pixma. Will not connect no matter how I try. App, software on PC, using the WPS access on the portal. Nothing. I finally gave up and bought a new printer cable and connect to my laptop to print. I have a Pixel 6 and it came with a USB OTG adapter and with a free app on the play store (Noko print) I can connect and print from my phone. 

Hi back at ya Gforcer.I returned my G36 back to factory setting. Removed the printer and software (a couple of times). I ended up connecting via usb and ethernet cable. I finished the install of the software and driver updates. I still wanted the wireless function to work,  so after resetting the wireless settings on the printer and removing it again from the computer I unhooked everything I tried manually inputting my WIFI again and it took it and finally gave my printer a IP address. 

After hours of pain and agony I did a little dance of joy.

Glad to hear that. I think I am done trying. Just going to go old school USB until this printer gives out.

I wanted to ask though, have you had issues with the G36 loosing Wi-Fi about once every two days? I have to unplug the power supply, wait one minute and plug it back in, then all is well... For another couple of days days that is! 

I may have to reset the gateway to factory and try that approach. I never had issues with a Netgear router and Motorola modem I used prior to this G36. We upgraded our internet so I had to get new hardware. This one was highly recommended. I'm not so sure now about my purchase. 

Be blessed! 

Sometimes it seems to with my tv. I do have somethings on the 2.4 and some on the 5g. I decided to that to lighten the load on the channels. I notice it more when we have a lot off pull on the internet, plus I have xfinity. I decided to get my own modem to save on the monthly cost. The interruption is only a few seconds tho, not had total loss due to the g36. I may try switching the tv to 2.4 and see if does better.

Thanks for the feedback. It's been 3 days now and no issues. Praying it's resolved. Our provider is Breezeline and they have issues with nodes all along our Route periodically. Sometimes it might be on them.